A unique opportunity has arisen to join Biscuit Clothing Ltd, one of the UK’s fastest growing Ladies fashion and lifestyle retail businesses at a key time in the business’ growth strategy. Having recently been nominated for 4 Drapers UK Retail awards 2022 and having won the Drapers “Best Newcomer Award” in 2016, the physical and on-line elements of the business are all growing at a pace; hence the CEO and Founder needs someone with experience and energy to take on this role. This individual needs to be emotionally intelligent, self-aware and flexible whilst also being a natural team player and a friendly character. They need to be organised and structured in order to support Amanda Mitchell, Biscuit’s CEO and Founder and to assist in managing the business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Main purpose: To provide principal support to the CEO and Founder, while ensuring effective management of a fast-growing small business.
Who are we looking for?
• Someone who shares Biscuit Clothing’s ethos of excellent service based on good relationships and great communications and who is willing to “go the extra mile”.
• Someone who is based either in Edinburgh or the Lothians, adept at multi-tasking, flexible, thrives on working on their own sometimes under pressure, highly organized and who pays attention to detail. They also need to be dynamic and actively able to use their own initiative in supporting Amanda Mitchell to drive the future growth of the business. Energy and attention to detail are key requisites for this role.
Executive Assistant / Business Manager / Administration (Time allocation – 50%)
• Provide support to Amanda in all aspects relating to the business
• Be the first point of contact for all incoming calls to the management office and delivering excellent customer service and communication skills
• Maintaining and developing admin processes and systems
• Liaise with agents / brands re deliveries
• Assist in organising buying and research trips for Amanda.
• Liaise with PR, brand specialists, marketing and advertising support for business
• Develop an IT protocol / process that will assist in protecting the business from cyber-crime in the future. Assist in developing a disaster-recovery procedure for the business.
• Work with all other departments of the business actively
Book-keeping and Finance (Time allocation – 40%)
• Help organize and rationalize invoices for the accountant.
• Preparing regular management information reports detailing the performance of all aspects of the business
• Assist with preparation of VAT, rent and payroll payments each month / quarter
• Liaise with all suppliers re payments / deliveries
• Work with CEO in budgeting work for future seasons / retail shops / online activity
Training & Events (Time allocation – 10%)
• Attend local networking events on behalf of Biscuit in Edinburgh and the Lothians and share with management team findings / new developments in industry (retail / ecommerce, etc)
• Arrange for regular training updates for management team on all aspects of the business (sales / ecommerce / fraud / cyber-crime / finance) – assist in the ongoing development of the management team
• Support the local managers in hosting regular sales events (pop-up sales / fashion shoots & shows) – venue hire / transportation, etc
• Demonstrable business and office management experience
• Experience of Microsoft office, excel
• Computer literate
• Experience of working on own initiative when necessary, while taking direction well
• Experience of event planning and management
• Experience in using a wide range of IT systems
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
They must have the required experience and skills as outlined in the previous section
KEY ABILITIES / APTITUDES REQUIRED
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to deal sensitively and in confidence with a diverse and dynamic subject matter
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work under pressure and have strong time management skills
From September 2022 the location of the management office will be moving to Fordell Mains, Midlothian, hence any candidate must have a driving license and access to a vehicle.
Apply Here or via email to email@example.com